Laser perforation is increasingly used on foils for packaging (coffee- sticks, honey) for the purpose of easy opening of products (easy open).
- Laser perforation is appropriate because no help is required when opening a product (customer friendly opening)
- The line of laser perforation is visible and can be used as a design element
- Perforation can be in the direction of the printed foil (web direction) or across the entire width of the printed foil (Cross web direction)
- Controlled tearing forces of laser perforation which are defined by the customer
- There are no restrictions in the expiry date of the foil since barrier properties are preserved